Flyball is a sport open to all dogs, of all sizes, including mixed breeds. Athletic dogs, large and small, excel in the sport.
To begin Flyball training, dogs must:
What to bring to class:
- Have a solid recall in an open field, even with distractions.
- Be well socialized.
- Be healthy, athletic and not overweight.
- Enjoy retrieving a tennis ball. If your dog also enjoys a game of tug, that's a plus
- Lots of small, high value treats.
- Flat collar and or body harness
- 6ft leash
- 20ft long-line if your dog is not 100% on his recall around distractions
- Tug toy that your dog *really loves*, 2-4ft long is the best length
- Crate (recommended but not required)
Interested in Classes?
We are currently taking registrations for a Beginner Flyball Class starting April 12, 2015 at the Marin Humane Society in Novato, CA. Class will run from 11am to Noon. Check the link below for specific class dates. Classes are $150 for 6 weeks and are offered through the Marin Humane Society.
Click HERE to Register!
If you are unable to enroll at present, but would like to be added to our e-mail list for future classes, please contact Michelle Martin-Largent email@example.com to be added to the mailing list.
The Marin Humane Society
171 Bel Marin Keys Blvd., Novato, California 94949
From Northbound Hwy 101
Exit Bel Marin Keys Blvd., turn left at first light up toward Bel Marin Keys Blvd., turn right at Bel Marin Keys Blvd.; at the bottom of the overpass, turn left at the signal light into our entrance.
From Southbound Hwy 101
Exit Bel Marin Keys Blvd., go east over the freeway; at the bottom of the overpass, turn left at the signal light into our entrance.
Flyball class is held on the large lawn behind the Pavilion.